We’re building tenant power in the Omaha metro. Together with our members we’ve gotten back stolen deposits, forced landlords to do repairs, made the city drop a $300,000 tax break to a slumlord, and brought attention to renter issues in our city.
What do you get as a member?
– The full back up and support of Omaha Tenants United. We will walk with you every step of the way if you have problems with your landlord.
– Voting rights. We are completely owned and operated by our members. Every member has the right to vote on the future of the organization at our bi-weekly and quarterly meetings.
– Trainings on your rights as a tenant and how to best leverage our collective power to improve our lives.
We’re funded and controlled completely by our membership – we can only do this together!
Help your neighbors, help yourself – Join OTU today. (as little as $2 a month!)
We expect our members to follow our Points of Unity.
Please read it! The short version is:
1. We are an anti-capitalist organization.
2. We believe the relationship between tenants and landlords is fundamentally parasitic, and should be done away with entirely.
3. We believe housing is a human right that should be guaranteed to all.
4. We are an anti-racist organization, and support the struggles of the LGBT community.
5. Our organization follows the Mass Line: “from the masses, to the masses”
To join, first fill out the form below.
One of our organizers will be in touch with you! Together we can fight for ourselves and for a better future.